Hello Armchair Adventurer! This book is your personal tour guide through the history, geography, art, flora, fauna and events in beautiful Alberta. Your guided tour will take you to explore:
– The majestic Rocky Mountains including The Three Sisters and stunning Lake Louise
– The badlands of Drumheller when dinosaurs roamed free and you’ll continue through Buffalo Jumps, the renewable resources provided by the Old Man River Dam & wind turbines, the serene beauty of Cypress Hills
– Plus vast city skylines, 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics, the rodeo including horses and heart-thumping chuckwagon races
– The majestic Legislature building, one of the most iconic buildings in Edmonton
– Muttart Conservatory, Edmonton’s botanical gardens offering glass pyramids with tropical & arid biomes
– Resource rich Fort McMurray plus birds, bears, bunnies and bighorn sheep, cougars, moose, loons, insects and much, much more!
Enjoy your journey, Armchair Adventurer while you create a colourful Canada!
About Sights of Canada:
The six SIGHTS OF CANADA book series are unique travel, journaling and activity books about CANADA created by a local Canadian artist who’s passionate about adventure & learning! They take the reader on an experiential journey throughout the noteworthy places and attractions in each of the provinces. Along the way, “stopping” to learn about the flora, the fauna, special events and historic sights unique to that area.
As a SIGHTS OF CANADA “Armchair Adventurer”, you can journal, doodle, draw, and colour while you learn, making yours a most special and personal keepsake. Challenge yourself with the word search & crossword puzzles, enjoy the stories and poetry, sudoku, thoughts for the day and other interesting juicy tidbits about each region. These artist-created books are NOT just colouring books with images of Canada…they are unique learning tools and experiential guides for the “armchair adventurer” and road warrior, alike!
So hop aboard to begin your journey by exploring the map of the province/territory, the official flower and the provincial flag. We can’t wait to show you the SIGHTS OF CANADA!